Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wrapped in Rain

I started a new book while traveling last weekend. The book is Wrapped in Rain by Charles Martin. Though it's unusual for me lately, this book was not recommended by anyone. I went to the public library to find a particular book that was recommended...and in perusing the shelves, I found four others that sounded good! This is one of them.

I'm not far into the book. I've barely met the main characters: Tuck, Miss Ella, and Mutt. But I can tell you this so far. The book is about two brothers (Tuck and Mutt) who didn't have the best childhood. Miss Ella was their caretaker and the only person to show the boys what love was.

I have another Charles Martin book entitled When Crickets Cry; I'll read it based on my opinion of this book. I'm leaving on another trip today and hope to spend some quality time on this book; so stay tuned for a longer synopsis and what I think of it!

1 comment:

Joni Wiedrich said...

Yeah for trips! Can't wait to see you, though I'm sad you can't come stay with me for a few days.