Saturday, July 26, 2008

When Crickets Cry


Another fabulous book by Charles Martin! I just can't get enough of this author. And to think I randomly came across him as I glanced through the library shelves. How lucky!

I adore Charles Martin as an author - his writing style, the beautiful description (and I'm the type of reader that typically glosses over description), the touching story, the real characters... everything about his books! Okay, so I've only read two, but I definitely plan on reading the other two he's written that I know of.


Let me tell you right off, it's interesting to me that within a few short weeks of each other, I would read two books about people needing a heart transplant and the donor. Wacky! It's a very serious subject, one that I know far more about now than ever before. To tell you the truth, it makes me a bit nervous...

This book is about a man with a past he's running from and wants kept secret. It's also about a spunky little girl who needs a new heart. I hate it when people ruin books for me by giving too much away, so I don't want to say much more than that. Read it!





The only reason this book got one less heart than Charles Martin's Wrapped in Rain (which got seven Aunt Jemimiahs) is because in comparison of the two, I liked Wrapped in Rain better. Just slightly :)

No comments: