Wrapped in Rain was one of the best books I've read lately. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I know this is a picture of an Aunt Jemima antique, but I always imagined Miss Ella Rain as looking just like her :) So she is how I will rate this book. Seven Aunt Jemimas??Yes, seven. I liked it that much.
The book was clean, sad, triumphant, and it tugged at my heart-strings. I felt like I really knew each main character. The author didn't spell it out when explaining their personalities and their pain and suffering - it was evident in their actions.
Miss Ella preached the best sermons! I would have liked to record some of what she said and post it on the bulletin board over my desk. She said things extremely profound. She was the reason the characters turned out as well as they did. Love truly does conquer all.
PS. If you click on the picture of me reading the book, you can read the back cover and decide if it sounds like your cup o' tea or not.
Read it! I know you'll love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment