
Thanks to Ma-Na-Na for such a great recommendation! For the record, I didn't really care for the ending either.
As I mentioned in my previous post, the book goes into more detail about the boy who died than I had anticipated. The reader actually gets to know him quite intimately, which was a nice touch.
The author doesn't focus solely on the mom or the dead son - there are other characters who come into play: the girlfriend and the ex-husband for instance. I like the way the reader gets to know the background of the minor characters and why they do the things they do. I find I'm a fan of flashbacks and getting into the mind of the characters.
I'm glad the piano man was a good guy. I do like a happy ending. I mentioned not caring for the ending of this book - not that it wasn't happy, it was just odd.
It's an easy read with short chapters and interesting content. I liked it! Thanks Ma-Na-Na - I'll try to recommend a few more good ones for you :)
Final rating:


After all, he really was a violinist rather than a piano man...
No comments:
Post a Comment