Thursday, June 12, 2008

Welcome readers!



I've never blogged before. I am an avid reader of blogs...however, I didn't seriously consider having one myself until about a week ago. The story goes like this. I love to read. I don't just enjoy it occasionally, I actually love it! I check out a stack of library books at one time, keep them piled on my nightstand, and squeeze in time during my hectic schedule to read several books each month. It's pure bliss.

When I earned gift cards to Bookman's, I immediately spent my hard-earned reward on books. Just books. As my collection grows, so does my need to share the love with everyone I meet. And now we get to the heart of the matter - why I have a blog.

A friend (who we'll call Jelly) said to me the other day, "Serity, you ought to have a book blog! I wish I could get online and see immediately what you're reading, read your recommendations based on past and current reads, and basically become a more well-rounded reading individual!" (Those probably weren't his exact words, but you get the point.) Jelly is a smart guy - but I wasn't yet completely convinced...

Imagine my surprise when two other people said the same thing, each within two days of each other! It didn't take much arm twisting for me to succumb to this addiction called blogging. We'll see how it goes :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! Finally. You know I'll be your biggest fan. Thanks!!

Mom

Joni Wiedrich said...

YEAH! I am SSSOOOO excited you started a blog! And you WILL quickly become addicted, I promise! I will enjoy reading about the books you read, and waiting for the day I'll have time to read all the ones you recommend. Can't wait to see you next month!

Jo said...

With little kids and no time I never get to read. I do get to read little kid book but I don't know what good books are out there for me to read, so I am excited to read you recommations and such

Amy said...

Hey! Jaquel the great sent me your way....i'm an avid reader as well. Have you checked out www.paperbackswap.com
I'm completely addicted!
Amy

Jacob and Shelly said...

Your blog is sooo cute! I can't wait to read all of your recommendations. You should go to www.shelfari.com and make a shelf full of your favs so we can all see which ones you like the most!

Jo said...

I love reading too. When I don't have a headache. I love to just relax and take in a good book.