Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Survived on Spam

I finished The Road this morning. In the spirit of the book I will not use quotations marks, apostrophes, or names of people when writing this post.

If I rate this book using Spam cans (because cans of food were a main food source for the man and the boy in the book), this is what I give it:



Three Spam cans means I quite liked the book, but I dont think its for every reader. For instance, I am a sucker for happy endings. I didnt feel like this book quite ended. I wanted to know what happened with a nice neat wrap-up. There was nothing nice or neat about it. Actually, I take that back. It wasnt a bad ending...if you dont mind endings that dont tell you anything :)

Overall it was interesting and thought-provoking. It makes a reader consider what s/he would do if presented with the situation the man and the boy found themselves in. I will let you decide to check it out or not.

A final note...I dont know how a writer can write without correct punctuation! Its killing me to leave out apostrophes :)

1 comment:

Joni Wiedrich said...

How funny...I generally hate it when punctuation is left out, too, but I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it. :) I'll recommend this book to Henry. Sounds like his kind of book.