Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

I'm reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. When it first came out, I heard mixed reviews. The most common was that friends told them they couldn't really get into it and that it's very different from the Twilight series.

Lately I've heard more good than bad. In fact, 'Raindrop' claims she might even like this book better than the Twilight series...is it possible?!?

If I had the time, I could sit down with this book for hours and just read. It didn't capture my attention immediately like Twilight did. But I keep reading and as I'm now halfway through, it's great!

Yes, the book is about aliens (kind of) or at least a different species :) Sure if you want to call them aliens. Whatever :)

It's basically about a species that places a 'soul' in a human's body - the human becoming the 'host'. Usually the spirit of the human disappears when the soul takes over their body. But Melanie is strong and stays with her body. Eventually her memories and emotions convince the soul to go against others of her species and look for Melanie's brother and the man she loves.

I like it!

1 comment:

Joni Wiedrich said...

I checked this out from the library 2 weeks ago and I'm only on chapter 10. Think I'll get it done before it's due back Tuesday? I like it so far.