Sunday, August 31, 2008

Where Are You Now? By Mary Higgins Clark

I am a Mary Higgins Clark fan. She writes mystery novels. Her latest is Where Are You Now?

It's about a woman whose older brother mysteriously went missing 10 years previously. He calls her and her mother every Mother's Day just to tell them he's well. The assumption is that he disappeared purposely.

Then a young woman goes missing and between the most recent phone call from Mack to his family and her disappearance, the cases merge and re-open as a myriad of characters play into the plot.

I know her writing style well enough at this point to try to figure out who did it and coming closer than I used to when I first started reading Mary Higgins Clark :) I have to admit that this time, I was right-on the money! Well, pretty close anyway. I had one person pegged because it seems that someone close to the main characters and not suspected is often the culprit.



My final rating is four wrecking-balls. When you read it, you'll know why I chose wrecking-balls for my rating. It was good (as all her books are) but I wasn't super enthralled. It did keep me interested and keep me guessing. I just wasn't compelled to keep reading for chapters on end each night.

It's a good book and an easy read, once you keep all the characters straight :)

No comments: