My friend 'Domino' is a reader like I am. In fact, he was my first friend on Goodreads.com. Goodreads is a website where you can keep track of what you're reading and rate books. You can share your opinion and write a book review. It's also fun to find friends who are on it. I've come across many a good book to read through my friends on Goodreads.Back to Domino...he originally mentioned this book to me. It's one of his favorites. I trust my friends to recommend the cream-of-the-crop books to me. So far, I'm not disappointed.
The book is about a boy who finds a remarkable book in a place called the Cemetary of the Forgotten Books. He devours the story and it leaves him yearning to learn all he can about the author and to find more of his work. This leads him to discover a mysterious life surrounding the author. Through the course of events, the boy also comes in contact with a man attempting to obtain and burn all of the work by this particular author.
My favorite part about the book thus far (besides the story) is the rich vocabulary used. I read with my dictionary sitting next to me :) I enjoy looking up a word or two every few pages to get the full meaning of what's happening.
It keeps the story interesting when more characters are introduced and their lives inexplicably intertwined - how they're related and what experiences they share, I'm not yet privy to. But I'll keep reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment